Monday, February 28, 2011

Bad Day

I just need to get this out. First, I am STILL grateful that we got a job, and frankly it's probably way whiney of me to even be complaining... but, well, sometimes you just have a bad day. I hate moving.

Yesterday as I was walking out to do visiting teaching I tripped over the last step and twisted my ankle so badly I honestly thought I broke it. Jordan and I debated the merits of going to the emergency room, and I'm glad we didn't because I'm sure it's not broken now (at the time I was genuinely in a significant amount of pain), but it's a pretty nasty sprain. It's hard to get up and down and walk around the apartment as effectively as I need to in order to pack and care for a cute little baby. Lame.

Lately, Clara has decided to take 20 minute naps. This is actually probably my fault because we haven't been as consistent with her bedtime because we're so busy getting stuff done/saying goodbye, and so she's starting to get sleep deprived. But man o man is it frustrating when I go to start to do something and she wakes up about 5 minutes later, clearly still exhausted. People have offered to help and watch her so I can get more done, but how can I send her to people like this? It doesn't seem fair to say, "Here, put my kid to bed. She'll wake up crying in 20 minutes, but thanks anyway!"

First, I couldn't get my apartment listing on Craigslist. So then I got it on KSL, had two responses who both came and saw the apartment (which I just think is the best place ever) and decided to go with someone else. I finally did get it on Craigslist, got two responses but both decided it wouldn't work. It's SO frustrating! I should have never signed that year-long lease (they were pretty forceful about it) and really pushed them to do month-to-month (I don't know if I would have won, but I wish I had put up more of a fight).

On top of all of this, I'm leaving and I wish I could spend time with everyone. But here I am, stuck in a stupid apartment that one sell and doing the one thing I'm pretty sure I hate most in the world: Moving.

Alright, pity-party over. It's going to be ok, the apartment WILL get rented out, Clara will feel better when we have a normal schedule in Phoenix, and most importantly I can stop moving.

I really, really hate moving. Did I mention that already?

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to help you pack/move/take care of Clara! It'll be over soon enough! Don't feel bad about having a bad day - I'm pretty sure you have less than the average person because of your perpetually sunny disposition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate moving too girlfriend. James and I have moved 2 times since we got married 23 months ago and will be moving again in a few months. Don't feel bad about leaving Clara with people when she's awake and cranky, you can't always predict that! I would love to watch her for you tomorrow. Anytime before 2 pm. Just feed her and send her over! Also, I asked James to pick up some boxes for you today so I can bring them over tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I can help you pack your kitchen on Thursday night if you need help with that!

    And to answer your question. My preferred place to build a home would be North Carolina or California. A state near the ocean!

    ReplyDelete