Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day Sixteen: Your Dreams

Ah, dreams. I think they're a very interesting thing to ask a stay at home mom for two reasons:

1. We're too sleep deprived to remember our dreams. Really, the only one-true dream is about more sleep.

2. In general, this IS our dream. Or, at least it is for me. I went strait from getting a Masters into Mommy-hood. It doesn't get much better than that!

It's hard for me to even talk about my dreams, because I have very loosely fitted "goals." I would like to start some voice lessons, both teaching and taking them. I'd like to audition for a couple of things. Maybe teach at a community college, maybe start my doctorate (very, very slowly).

Really, I have things I want to do, but my end goal is very cloudy... I'd like to perform, but only very part-time. I'd like to teach, but only very part-time.

See, the truth is that I am very happy with my life. And, at this point, I'm willing to go where it will take me. Things are going so well, I'm far more concerned something bad will happen to ruin it all than to really thing of things I want.

So. Dreams. Yeah. I'm very happy with my life. I dream that we'll have more children, that we'll be able to provide for them, that I'll continue to be able to stay at home with our babies, that they will be able to see me doing something I love, and that we'll all just keep trying to do the right things. And if some trial should come our way, I feel confident that we could meet it with strength and happiness.

1 comment: