Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Job

Well, we knew someday it would happen, but it seemed like it never would. And here it is: we have a job! Well, Jordan has a job. He'll be working for Milliman in Scottsdale, AZ. We're SO excited, but we can hardly believe it's actually happening. And so quickly!

It's the perfect place for Jordan to begin his career. Small office (he'll be the 8th person) in a big company (you can find Milliman in every major city). It's a consulting company (rather than an insurance company like BlueCross BlueShield or Travelers) so he'll work with clients and get a really broad set of experiences.

I've been saying for months that we're willing to go where ever we're needed, and I can say we're definitely eating our words. :) I can't say Arizona was on our top picks of places we wanted to move. The summers are going to be HOT! But we are willing to go anywhere and be happy, and that includes Arizona. That being said, May-September, you can find me indoors right next to the air conditioning...

I just have to take a moment and talk about how grateful we are to our family and friends who have been fasting and praying for us. We had a family fast at the beginning of the year, where both my parents and siblings and Jordan's parents and siblings fasted that we would get a job. We did this knowing full well that we may NOT get a job, that it might not be what Heavenly Father has in mind for us. We are so grateful that things have worked out the way we hoped.

I kept hearing a quote this week at church, "Pray as if everything depended on the Lord, but work as if everything depended on you." I wish we could say that we totally lived up to this, but we're human and I can't say we did everything we could to find a job. So much credit goes to Heavenly Father for helping us find the right people at the right time. I know He has a plan for our lives, and I have seen His hand in all that we do. I hope that this can stand as a testament in our lives about the importance of prayer, obedience and faith.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That is so exciting. I'm so happy for you guys. I know Arizona is a lot hotter than Alaska or Utah, but it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!! That's close to where Andrew's mission was, good luck with the heat!! When does the job start and the move begin??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Though I'm sad to see you go. Whose baby am I going to stare at in church now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda I am just too excited for you guys! And think of it this way, the summers are ridiculously hot, but the winters are fantastic! 70 degree weather in December? Yes please! You're going to love it down there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lived in Texas so you know you can last in the excruciating hotness. Plus, less humidity!

    ReplyDelete