Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day Nine: My Beliefs

(I'm so behind on this 30 day deal. I'm also so sick. That's my excuse)

My beliefs are at the very core of who I am. I know I can be happy no matter what happens to me because of my faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Let me give an example of how the Atonement has directly blessed my life.

I was twelve when my dad passed away. I thought I would never be happy again. When I looked into the future, I saw nothing but darkness. I thought about 5, 10 years down the road... would those days ever come? Despite my fears, I held on to the gospel like a lifeboat. I attended church, seminary, and Young Women's. I tried to be obedient. And when I was the saddest, I looked to my Savior, who said,

"Come unto me, all ye that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
-Matthew 11:28-30

He knew my pain, an ache that I thought would never go away. Yet I know that through my obedience and faith, I suffer no permanent ill effects from that experience. I feel complete peace about my dad's passing. The world believes that there are pains that simply can not be healed. I know better: the Savior offered himself as a sacrifice so that we all can be whole. Physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I live the principles of the Gospel because I know they will make me happy and that I will be with my family forever.



If you would like to learn more about the church, please visit mormon.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment