Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Six: Your Day

I've had a great day so far! It began with the fact that Jordan slept in the room with Clara last night. It's a long story as to why this was the case, but basically Jordan hates the bed in our room, and wanted to see if he could sleep better on a different bed. This is a GREAT set-up for me, btw. I woke up this morning thinking, "Wow! Clara had a great night. I only woke up to feed her once!"
Jordan then informed me that she was up a couple times before 4am to put her binky back in her mouth.

Fantastic, I tell you, fantastic.

Anyway, I woke up this morning to find Jordan changing her (blown-out) diaper and playing with her. This day just keeps getting better. I looked on from a pleasant position of standing up while Jordan was kneeling on the hard bathroom floor giving Clara a bath.

Then, lunch with Kate Delaney who also did a little photo shoot of Clara. It was SO sweet.

I went home for dinner of Chicken Picatta, which was super delicious (I just discovered the joys of capers).

Then I went kickboxing with Kate. Let me tell you, ouch! My friend Kate is awesome, and just got into fantastic shape. She teaches a couple aerobic classes, and from the moment I saw her I started running. She picked me up, I ran to the car. We got to the gym, we ran into the gym. We took the class (which was great, but wow, I am out of shape), and then we ran and walked for a bit on a treadmill, then we ran to the car, ran into her apartment, ran out of her house, and then I ran back into my home to feed Clara. I suppose the running wasn't ALL her fault. We were late a bunch, but still... she keeps me on my toes!

Then I went back home where Jordan, my sister and I watched Indiana Jones, the Last Crusade. Jordan's quite scandalized that I had never seen Indiana Jones, and has made it his personal mission to make me watch it while we were in Alaska. I took the time to make fun of it. I mean, come on! Ten minutes after they get into Venice they find the tomb his dad had been looking for for 40 years? Anyway, I find I'm especially witty during old movies.

Also, I ate ice cream to make up for all that exercise I had been doing... :)

So, that was my day! Fun, huh?

1 comment: