Friday, April 22, 2011

Day Twenty-One: Another Moment

Alrighty, another moment, huh? Well, I guess I'll just take this moment to talk about my favorite television shows!

So, here's the deal: I actually prefer watching television season as opposed to movies. I like that I have less of a time commitment. I can sit down for less than an hour rather than committing to sit around for as long as 2 hours for a movie. I also prefer the longer, more intricate story lines that can come out of a good television show (note: GOOD television, I find I'm kinda picky now), simply because things can play out over a longer period of time. So, without further ado, my top five television shows:



5. The Office: Who doesn't love The Office? It's awesome! I particularly love Season1 and 2 when the awkwardness was at an all-time high.



4. House: How could such a depressing show be so funny? And so interesting?



3. Stargate SG1: This probably makes me a major nerd. I actually resisted when Jordan suggested it in the beginning because it was so nerdy, but shortly before Clara was born I reluctantly gave in. And I have been addicted ever since. (I also thoroughly enjoyed Stargate Atlantis).



2. LOST: I. Love. Lost. Even with the questionable ending. Jordan and I are STILL talking about it. We had a big realization recently about the relationship between Jacob and Ben the other day that... well, I won't bore you but this television genius.

And finally, my favorite:



1. Scrubs: I can watch an episode three times and still laugh out loud every time. It's just so funny to me! I can understand how other people don't appreciate it, it's pretty silly. But personally I think Zach Braff is hilarious. Internet Five!

Any other suggestions?

(P.S. all of these shows can be found on Netflix Streaming)

EDIT! I totally forgot about Gilmore Girls! Quick and witty gilmore girls! Throw them in there between Lost and House (I forgot about them because you can't watch the episodes on Netflix. Yet.)

2 comments:

  1. A great TV show is Jericho. It ending a little abruptly, but it's a awesome show. You can get it on Netflix Streaming. Also, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but I really like the show Parenthood. It just finished its 2nd season. I don't agree with everything in the show, but overall it's great. The bad thing is its not on Netflix. Hulu is pretty good about posting episodes, but I don't know about the first season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis and I also love Castle and Modern Family. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete