Monday, April 18, 2011

Clara at 6 Months

I'm in total and utter shock that she's already been alive for half a year. I mean, when I think that we're halfway to toddlerhood... well, I can't think about it or it'll make me crazy.

She had her 6 month appointment last Tuesday. She's 17 pounds 8 oz and 25 inches long, which puts her somewhere in the 90th percentile. That's my big girl! She's still chubby-ish, but really she's just more muscular. Her little round face is adorable!

She's about thisclose to true crawling, although she gets around just fine.



One day I went in the other room as I was cleaning and talking to Jordan on the phone, and she followed me in there from the living room! She had to go all the way down the hallway, turn right and then go a couple more feet pass the laundry room. I was thoroughly impressed. She's loves to grab and eat everything. Mostly because she has a tooth! A little lower front one that is VERY sharp, and she loves to use it (yes, ouch).

She basically hates solids. I haven't been very diligent because it's still just easier to nurse her, but hates everything, even sweet things! We gave her a sweet potato, and she made a sour face. The best luck I had was I gave her a strawberry to munch on, and she went at it, but when she got halfway she started making the sour face again! Because I don't pump much I haven't mixed them with breastmilk yet, so I'm going to try that with our sweet peas tonight. We're going to try some butternut squash here tomorrow and see how that goes as well.



She LOVES to blow raspberries. It's the funniest thing. She'll just be playing and start making lip buzzes (my little singer is already learning her warm-ups....). She also does it when she's really sad and angry, she lip buzzes at me. I'm still trying to figure out what it means...



She is quite the charmer. In Provo, everyone had babies. No big deal. In Scottsdale, babies are a big deal. Every grandma has to coo at them. All the little kids point, "That' s a baby, mama!" And everyone must squish her thighs. Because they are THAT delicious. And she is so good. I have never had her melt down in public, she just smiles and goes with the flow, even if she's been awake for 4 hours (this DID happen one day and she was a total rock star). She just likes to get out and see things and she's so easy.


She's just wonderful. Jordan and I are totally smitten with her. People ask us all the time, "Don't you just spend the whole day kissing her chubby cheeks?" Yes. Yes we do. I mean, come on! Look at those things! They're just begging to be kissed!

3 comments:

  1. She's so dang cute! I can't believe she's already 6 months old! I remember holding her when you were still in the hospital--she was so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, she is just too much! What a sweetheart! Can you believe our babies are 6 months old?! It's scary how fast time is flying! I can't believe how mobile she is! How cute! Benjamin just sort of rolls still... he hasn't gotten too far! I guess we'll see how long that lasts! :) I'm glad to see she's just has happy and healthy as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow 6 months and cute as ever!! Janen made sour faces at lots of things we gave her. We finally figured out that rice cereal mixed with baby food went a lot better until her taste buds got used to some flavor.

    ReplyDelete