Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day Eighteen: Your Favorite Memory

Your favorite memory?

Who has one single, favorite memory?

Weird. Um, I guess if I have to pick one, I pick the moment they brought Clara to us after she was born. The actual moment she was born I was pretty exhausted. And confused. I really thought she was going to be a boy, and then she wasn't, and then suddenly the whole room was super busy with activity, and I couldn't figure out what to pay attention to, so I just kept asking Jordan if she was really a girl, and the next thing I know they're telling me that she's having a little trouble breathing so they need to get her on the CPAP machine in the NICU and I couldn't even think strait, it was all happening to fast and I was so wiped out...

But a couple hours later (after the most delicious Sprite I've ever had in my life) at 3:30 in the morning, they finally brought us our baby. And, oh she was so perfect! Jordan picked her up and said, "Oh, Amanda, she's so cute!" and I could literally see his heart melt. Even three hours after she was born she was so alert and bright-eyed. All we could do was admire her perfection. We didn't sleep until 5 am that morning, but I don't even remember being tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment