Monday, January 31, 2011

In Alaska!

We have brought the Baby back to the homeland... I love it so much here, even when it's -40 and dark all the time. I wish I could stay here. Oh well...

The flight was great. Both planes were really empty, so we were able to bring the car seat on and let Clara sleep there, which was so nice! She's such a sweaty baby, we weren't looking forward to having her sleep on us for 5 hours. She slept most of the time, and even when she was awake, she hardly made a peep. Carrying the pack-n-play through the airport was a pain, but other than that our flights were pleasantly uneventful.

Since we've been home, we spend an evening with my family, which was the first time most of them had seen Clara. She, predictably, charmed them (although I think if she had screamed the whole time they still would have adored her). It was so fun to see how big Elyse and Liam are getting! I can't believe how much they look like Jensens. Liam is HUGE! I love his dark hair. I was making cookies, and I walked away from the batter for seriously 30 seconds and I turned around to see Liam up on a chair (which wasn't there before!) trying to steal my cookie dough! Sneaky little guy.

Anywho, I look forward to a relaxing few weeks of catching up with friends and family. And, seriously, enjoying the lovely Alaskan winter. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! Have fun up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safe! That must've been so nice to have a lot of room on the flight. It was totally the opposite for us on our flights around Christmas/new year. Have fun! Can't wait to hear how it all goes when you come back. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete