Friday, September 7, 2012

The waiting game...

I realized I have posted a whole bunch of stuff about my pregnancy, and Clara, and not a whole lot of general family updates.  So, here it is: a general family update.

A lot of our time lately is spent waiting.  The most obvious waiting game is waiting for when little Lucy wants to make her appearance.  Mostly because I'm massive and it's pretty obvious that there's a baby who needs to come out.  As of tomorrow I am officially full term (37 weeks), so I suppose it could be any time.  But it probably won't be for a couple of weeks.  I get contractions daily, but this little girl has decided to nestle her head in the right side of my pelvis, not really ideal for giving birth.  Sometimes I can feel her head going back and forth, like she's trying to figure out where to go (which is adorable, by the way), but for now she seems content to hang out in a weird diagonal position.  I'm pretty much ok with this.  I actually really want her to stay inside until my sister Robin gets here on September 27th, it will make my life SO MUCH EASIER in terms of dealing with Clara.

We are also waiting for Jordan to get his exam results back from his last actuarial exam.  Why it takes a bunch of actuaries 8 weeks to correct a 30 question multiple choice test is beyond me... but alas, that's where we're at.  We're very optimistic about this exam.  Jordan felt EXTREMELY good about it, but we also felt fairly good the last time, and he didn't pass so... you never know.  But Jordan passing this exam would be a fantastic success!  It would be the first exam he's taken where he did all the studying by himself, without the guidance of a class. We should find out right around the time Lucy is born, so ... more waiting.

We're also waiting for the weather to cool down!  It's getting there.  Instead of the high's being around 110 or so, the highs are now in the low 100's.  Over the next 10 days, the forecast predicts only 1 day with a high of 100.  Today has been especially nice.  It started raining this morning, and it's helped alleviate both the heat and some of the humidity.  I am excited for a winter of walking with my babies and playing outside!

I feel like I"ve made the best of my waiting time.  There's a ton of projects I've wanted to get done before Lucy got here, and Jordan and I have been slowly chipping away at our list.  It feels good to have my house in order.  Jordan has been such a great sport about working all day and then coming home and helping me with various projects that are too physically intensive for a women so great with child.

Anyway, we're waiting, but we feel like it's proactive waiting.  Life is good here.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes! The Waiting Game!!! I hope the next few weeks go by relatively fast. I think it can sometimes seem like a long time because of how much one can look forward to certain events/news. It's like watching a pot of water boil. Always seems like it takes forever when you're staring at it, but when you're occupied with other things, it's boiling before you know it! Can't wait to see pics of Lucy. I hope it all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete