Friday, December 24, 2010

Busy Christmas Season!

So remember my last Christmas post where I was convinced I needed to do EVERYTHING Christmas-y? Yeah, we've been busy. We haven't done all of it, but we have done quite a bit, but managed to keep the majority of our sanity in the process. Here's our goings-on:

-We decorated cookies with Kaitlyn! We were supposed to decorate them with my aunt Renee and her kids, but they got sick. SAD! Anywho, I'd already made the cookie dough (thanks Aunt Jana! It was GREAT!) and we made a bunch of buttercream frosting with lots of colors and got to work! It was great fun watching Kaitlyn try to make a purple color, and coming up with a sad grey color, or Jordan writing me messages on the cookies. We listened to Christmas music and really enjoyed ourselves.

-Decorated gingerbread houses with the Forkners. And I finally realized you really CAN put sugar on a burner and it'll just melt... so weird to me. We bought too much candy, and were too ambitious trying to decorate a lot with two 2 month old babies, but it was fun!

-And then the craziness got started! Tyler got married, and Mandy and Casey with their 4 kids stayed at our apartment on Saturday night. Tyler was there as well. Monday everyone moved into Salt Lake to the hotel rooms, while Jordan and I had airport pick-up duties and went back and forth to Provo. The night before Tyler's wedding we crashed at the hotel with everyone, and then spent Wednesday at the temple and in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for the reception. It was SO beautiful! I am so excited for Tyler and Audra (who made a beautiful bride)!

-Oh yeah, before the wedding we went and saw the lights at temple square. I was distracted with a crying baby most of the time, though, so I don't remember much.

Tonight, we're doing Christmas dinner with our friends, and I'm so excited. It really has been a fun holiday season. We've been able to do fun things, see family, spend time with friends, and listen to wonderful, Christmasy music. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish we were that Christmas-y. How fun for you guys! :) And I loooooove going to see the lights at temple square. We got to do that when we picked David's mom up from the airport a couple of weeks ago. Hooray for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete