Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

Ok, I can't take credit for this recipe, it's really my aunt Renee's. She eats it like a moderately healthy muffin. I, being the brilliant baker that I am (with no consideration for my arteries), basically turned it into cake by adding chocolate chips and frosting it with cream cheese frosting. I love it because it's really easy and basic, and really nice and pumpkin-y tasting. And I really love the cream cheese frosting. A lot. It tastes like cheese cake on steroids.

Pumpkin Bread
3 1/3 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. pumpkin

Mix all together and pour into 2 or 3 large loaf pans. Bake at 350 for one hour. You can also do mini loaves or muffins (the time is a little bit questionable, just check regularly). I like to add 1 cup and a half of semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate is a little too sweet...). Then, after it's cooled, I frost with cream cheese frosting:

1 package of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar, mixing one cup at a time. Add vanilla.

I frost pretty generously, but I pretty much LOVE frosting, so that's not very surprising. This makes for a pretty rich dessert, so if you like something lighter, just try the bread part. That's also delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment