Thursday, December 3, 2009

A week in bullet points

-Tuesday night, Jordan was at school late working on a group project for his communications class. After two of the group members left to run errends, he found himself alone in the room with a female team-member, and suddenly he went into missionary mode! He was like, "I can't be here alone with you! I, uh, gotta, uh, go." Ok, he didnt' say that, but he was thinking it, and I think he found a quick escape. I, personally, found this hilarious. He's been home from his mission for almost two years! But apparently he's only been alone with me, so he's still crazy awkward around other girls. Ah, how lucky am I?

-Jordan's playing the bells in his Christmas Choir, which I'm very excited to hear. He's had me help him memorize his part.

-I'm singing in a small pre-jury concert tomorrow, where I'll sing three of my six songs I prepared for juries next week.

-We have discovered the utter joys of Google Calender! It's amazing. We each have a calender of our events and classes, and then through google you can share your calender, so then we can compare our calenders against each other (color coordinated, of course... I'm red, Jordan's blue). It's a great way to make sure I don't schedule anything during his concerts and so he knows when I teach and when I have free time. Also excellent for coordinating date nights. We highly recommend it.

-Shout out to my sister Melanie, who turned 20 today! Now all the "original" Johnson girls are safely out of teenagerhood. My mom would breath a sigh of relief... but she still has elementary school to get through with two more!

-My phone is broken! I hope to get another today.

-I was teaching voice lessons today, and I got up to adjust a student's posture. I noticed a bruise on her neck, and not thinking I asked, "Oh no! Where'd you get this bruise?" She turned red and mumbled, "It's a hickey. I thought I covered it up with makeup..." AWKWARD.

-One of the weird things Jordan and I like to do at Christmastime is to listen to a live stream of Christmas music played on Ted FM in Fairbanks. First off, we love all the Christmas music (more of a variety than we own) and second, it makes us feel like we're in Fairbanks. We've got that turned on right now. Home on less than three weeks!

3 comments:

  1. LOL at the hickey too funny! I dont know how long you'll be home for, but send me a text. Hopefully we can get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda... somehow I linked to your blog today! We were at that BYU slash U of U game... and it was intense! We had nosebleed seats but enjoyed it all the same. Dayson drove up from Idaho, so all 7 of us were there. Wish we could have see you guys! (click my name, you can link to my family blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete