Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's over. It truly has been one of the hardest semesters I've ever been through... Really difficult classes, trying to get my singing up to par, traveling, etc. I'm happy it's over, and I'm happier that I survived. That being said, I'm still experiencing some post-traumatic stress issues. Last night, I had a dream where I went to get my 15-page paper (which actually turned into 11 pages...) back from my professor. The score on it was 7/3563 (this was an unusually detailed dream...) and it said that I should go talk to my professor about such a low score. I did so, and he proceeded to chew me out on how bad it was, and wouldn't let me explain! It was awful. Truth be told: it IS a pretty bad paper, although I hope to at least get half credit on it... and I really hope it's not worth that many points. Anywho, my lesson from all of this is that I really hate turning in poor quality work, so I shouldn't put off my papers until the last week of school.

Another learning experience from this week: don't let your brakes get to the point they're making grinding sounds. I know, I know, this is pretty obvious and I feel so stupid. Anyway, I took my car into to get checked and the guy comes over with a list of all the stuff that needss to be done. The conversation goes a little like this:

Big O Tire Guy: "So, your brakes look pretty bad, and here's a list of everything that needs to be done."
(he hands me a list of prices, most of which are three digets long. I keep looking for a decimal point SOMEWHERE in there...)
Amanda: "Um... that's a 4, isn't it?"
BOTG: "Yeah, that's a four."
A:"And I have to add all those number together?"

Anyway, to say nonetheless getting my brakes fixed cost... drumroll please... $1300-freakin-dollars! Yeah, that was a very painful lesson. Ouch.

So today we're off to Ogden for an Elmer family Christmas party, which I'm SUPER excited for. I'm a pretty bad niece and even though I live in Utah haven't seen most of these people since I moved here. Tomorrow we're going to visit Grandpa Hull, and then staying the night in Tremonton with my grandparents. Monday, it's off to Idaho Falls to catch our plane to ALASKA! Oh man, I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I were you tonight....tomorrow you'll be flying home....I'm so happy for you! It must feel so good to be finished with all of that school-time pressure. I don't miss that. Not one bit.

    ReplyDelete