Saturday, November 14, 2009

It finally happened...

Jordan look out the window today and saw white cars. But they weren't really white cars... it was snow!!! What a great way to enjoy a Saturday! I think I'll make some hot chocolate.

In other news, it's been something of a miserable week. Both Jordan and I had big tests yesterday that we'd been dreading all week. Jordan, of course, did fantastically (at least that's what he told me). He really is doing well in school. I'm very proud of him and all the hard work he does. As for me, I had a test in my music of the twentieth century class (it just sounds so interesting, I know) where I had to write 5 half-an-hour essays about five different composers. That's writing strait for 2 1/2 hours. My hand was in so much pain! By that last essay, I'm pretty sure I was using my left hand to guide my right hand across the page. The good news is I actually managed to write for 2 1/2 hours. The bad news is that I'm not sure how coherent those last two essays are... so... I'll just cross my fingers.

The other thing I've been enjoying this week is some really fun exercise classes! I love to exercise, and while I was initially shy of going to group classes, they are so much fun! My favorite is this class called Zumba (anyone heard of it?). It' an aerobic class that uses Latin dance moves to work out. SO MUCH FUN. I think they're all over the US, so if you have an opportunity, I highly recommend going to one. The other class I attempted was a kickboxing class... oh may, I only made it 1/2 an hour into the class before I had to quit. It was a killer workout!

The final good word is that we're definitely going to Missouri for Thanksgiving (barring any unforeseen catastrophes...)! We had so much fun last year, and even though there was some... unpleasantness... in our return, we're going to brave the drive again this year. We head off next Saturday after the football game!

With that, there's a game against New Mexico today, so... GO COUGARS!

2 comments:

  1. They just started a Zumba class here, I was thinking of taking it. Glad you and Jordan are doing well, please drive safely for your turkey day adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda! Awesome blog. I love your background. I had to look up what an actuary was, I'd never even heard of that before. -Kim

    ReplyDelete