Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween and Concerts

Halloween was a laid back affair here in Provo for us. At first I thought I might want to go to some haunted corn maze or pirate ride (both real things to do here in Utah County), but as the evening wore on I decided that I was offically old and I wanted to stay in the apartment, order some pizza (some really GOOD pizza), watch Coraline and play board games with my husband. It was an all around success, I should say. Coraline was pleasantly creepy, the pizza was amazing, and I won the board game! (I should note: I hardly ever win games). We got a couple of trick-or-treaters (I tried to give out huge handfuls of candy to get ride of it all... I think we were popular), and overall it was a wonderfully pleasant experience.

Jordan had a concert last night, which was really fun to attend. I finally got to see the infamous Gilbert and Sullivan set, which was funnier than I had even imagined possible! Ok, Ok... I mean, really, how cute is Jordan dressed up as a pirate, dancing around proposing to girls, doing a strait-legged walk and finally wearing a police cap and a shaking nightstick? I mean, really, people, it was utterly adorable. Choralography with a choir of 180 men is probably the sweetest thing to see in life.

Other than that I've been losing steam in school. Jordan's doing great! He's on top of all his classes, he seems to enjoy work for the most part (if nothing else his employer seems to love him... to death... Jordan comes out of every meeting completely confused at the love this employer has for him), and generally tends to be a happy camper. Me? Well, Music of the 20th Century is probably going to do me in. It's weird, about half way through every semester I have to ask myself: Do I even like singing this much? My self-esteem seems to really be suffering... but alas, I suppose it's too late to back out now. I guess I'll just have to write those three 15 page papers...

Overall, though, life is content. Jordan and I are still trying to decide what we're going to do for Thanksgiving, but I think I've convinced him to drive to Missouri... more on this next week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely halloween! Good luck with the rest of the school year. Are you guys coming home for the break? Let me know- we must get together. :) Tell Jordan I say hello!

    ReplyDelete