Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving in Pinetop

This Thanksgiving, we decided to get out of Phoenix for a bit.  Jordan's parents have a timeshare up there, and we decided to take advantage of the condo and take in some nice cooler weather.  It was such a relief to see pine trees!

For Thanksgiving itself, we drove about an hour past Pinetop to Eagar, where my Aunt and Uncle live.  We had Thanksgiving with their family  which was a blast.  I was kinda depressed with the idea of eating Thanksgiving Dinner with just Jordan and I, wrestling Clara to try SOMETHING.  Thanksgiving is much more fun with a larger group of people, in my opinion.  My Aunt and Uncle have a couple of granddaughters Clara's age, so she spent the day running around and playing.

We stayed in Pinetop an additional day.  We were staying in a condo, which had a couple of rooms and a full kitchen, perfect for parents with kids.  We had a Harry Potter marathon, kept up with football, and went and played on the playground.  It was so relaxing.  The door had handles instead of knobs, which meant Clara could leave her room.  We woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night with Clara in Jordan's face saying, "Hi Dada!  Hi Dada!  Play?"  While a bit annoying, it was kinda cute.

Anyway, overall it was a great choice.  I hope to go back sometime this summer to escape the Phoenix heat.  It was so nice!

1 comment:

  1. Peyton ate two bites of potatoes and then I had to make her a pb and j haha

    Sounds like fun! I want to get away before #2 gets here!

    ReplyDelete