Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More unexpected blessings...

Well, the baby will be here in less than a week. Yesterday at my doctor's appointment, he said that while I wasn't dilated/effaced enough to induce now, basically no matter what we're going to induce next Monday. He'd still like it earlier if my body cooperates, so I'm getting checked again on Thursday to see if I've made any progress. The sad thing is I WAS making good progress with quite a few contractions and such until I was put on bedrest, and now everything has come to a halting stop. I might get a couple of good contractions a day, but not near as many as a week ago. Anywho, so I don't really think I'll be quite ready for a baby by my appointment on Thursday, but for SURE on Monday this little cutie is coming out!

While I'm wonderfully excited, I can also feel those moments of fear and anxiety creeping up. What the heck have I signed up for? My whole life is about to change, forever, I know it has, but there's not way I can know in how many ways... And w hat do I know about babies, anyway? Nothing! And so I find myself in the shower, utterly freaking out about what's about to happen.

And, lucky me, I get out of the shower, and I go whimper to Jordan, "Love, what have we done?!" And the strong, amazing man he is says, "Don't worry, we're going to be fine."

How lucky am I? Last night as I was laying in bed, I realized I have spent so many months and months anxiously worrying about Jordan getting a job, getting out of Provo, starting our "real lives," that I think I've missed one of the greatest, sweetest blessing in my life. Yes, it's hard not knowing our future, but for the next few weeks Jordan's going to be right by my side as I try to figure out this newborn baby thing. We don't have to worry about vacation days, or getting back to classes (if he was going to school...), and we don't have to worry about a move and not knowing those around us. As I'm facing childbirth and a new baby in the face, not having a job might be one of the best things that's ever happened, at least for now. I get the constant companionship of Jordan through these next stressful, exhausting weeks.

Of course, we still want a job, and the catch is that we are poor... but even that has been taken care of for us. Just last week, Jordan's work he does in Provo (which has been a little bit slow as of late) picked up in a big way and he'll be able to work from home and make some pretty good money for the next month or so. And even while I'm saying "Yay, Jordan doesn't have a job!" we have two really great job leads that are really promising. We've been taken care of in every way possible.

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you lately, wondering when that little one is going to appear! You're going to be a WONDERFUL mommy! I'm so excited for you guys! I wish we still lived close so our babies could be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, mama! Call me anytime for anything :) Our babies will only be 3 weeks apart hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!!! You rock-I had been so excited about baby/nervous with you about the job situation and all the unknown, that yeah-that slipped my mind. You get to have Joe with you every moment! What a GREAT blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! I know in my heart you will be a great mother, no matter what your life/job situation is. ((HUGS)) Can't wait to find out if it's a boy/girl, I think boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post I need to come by soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard you had a girl!!! I just had a feeling you were going to have a girl! I can't wait to meet her and hear about how everything went. Please let us know when Ila and I can bring you a meal these week or whenever you need it. I'll come by and bring you those hangers too! Congratulations! Post pics soon!

    ReplyDelete