Sunday, July 18, 2010

We love you, Grandpa Hull!

Back in July we spent a couple of days up in Roy when Grandpa Hull died. He was 94 years old, and Jordan and I had been visiting him on a pretty regular basis, about once a semester. Every time we would go, he would make some funny joke about this being the last time we saw him. For instance, "I don't buy green bananas anymore..." One of our personal favorite conversations goes like this:

Jordan's Dad: "So! You turned 94! How doe it feel?"
Grandpa Hull: "Well, I wouldn't want to do it again..."

Ultimately, this was a great man of faith who loved his family and longed to be with his deceased wife. It's hard to be super sad at a funeral under these conditions. It was so lovely to reminisce on his life, and to know it was truly a good one.

Jordan had a ton of family come in for the funeral: Dad and Courtney from AK, Megan and her two oldest girls from Missouri, and Mandy and Casey and their family drove from Missouri. We all stayed with Aunt Kay in Roy for the couple of days leading up to the funeral. We had a great time! We got to go through Dad's memory lane and see all the places he went to school and played football, etc. The Sunday afterward, we enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Aunt Kit's where I got to meet more of Jordan's Thompson side of the family. Mandy and Casey stayed until the next Friday, so just played and played and played.

For me, this has been a great summer filled with lots of family, which I am grateful for. Heavenly Father is really looking out for me. If no one was coming to visit and such, I would just be a fat pregnant lady stuck in my apartment watching House... but instead, I've had the great opprotunity to spend a lot of time with the people I love!

1 comment:

  1. I thought we agreed it's ok to be fat pregnant ladies sitting in our apartments watching House :)

    ReplyDelete