Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life is Happy

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how happy I am. How happy Jordan and I are. We feel like we're in such a good place. We're getting close to our two year anniversary, and things just feel... in place, I guess. What's most surprising is there are so many things going wrong right now! I mean, no job, we're still in Provo, baby on the way and we don't know where we're going to have it, we're living month by month not sure what will happen the next month, we are currently separated by the great country of Canada, etc. Yet despite all the unknowns, we feel monumentally blessed and happy.

I'm currently in Fairbanks for a couple of weeks while Jordan hangs around Utah. I waited apprehensively for this seperation, this is the longest we've been apart since he got home from his mission over two years ago. Yet I have felt great comfort and stability and love from all directions, and I feel confident we'll do just fine.

The job situation isn't necessarily better than any other time. He's in talks with two companies, although both are taking their time in getting a hold of us and such. Yet... even the fact that he is talking to companies and that interviews are happening makes everything ok.

And we're so excited about this new little baby coming to us. We're as ready as anyone could ever be (which is that you're never really ready for a baby), and we feel confident that this is the path that was meant for us. We feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has given us this beautiful gift. I know that this baby will change our lives dramatically, and that we'll never be the same. It will be hard, but it will also be wonderful.

So that gets me thinking of the joy we can feel in our trials. That even when everything seems to go wrong, in our hearts we can still find joy in something that is more eternal and everlasting than our worries. Those things are important, of course, but at the same time being happy is not dependent on what happens around us, it's what is going on within us. I'm so grateful for that assurance and the peace I feel. And I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband that reminds me of this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment