Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Family Comes to Visit

Last week my family (except Rulon *sad*) all came down to visit family and to send Robin off into the MTC. She's headed to Fresno, California for the next year and half, and we were all super excited!

They flew into Boise, ID, and Jordan and I headed up there to meet them and to see Dennis, Beth and their four girls sealed in the temple. It was a really awesome experience for us! For one, Jordan hasn't met much of my dad's side of the family. Also, I had never seen a sealing between two parents and so many children, and it was a really special experience for everyone who attended.

That night we headed back to Provo. To get Robin ready for her mission, my mom, sisters and brother all came to stay with us in Provo on Monday. It was SOOOO nice to see them! Since I got married, Jordan and I haven't stayed the night with my family at my house because Jordan's so allergic to our cats, so it was actually really awesome that I was able to spend fairy uninterrupted time with my mom and the babies! The first night was rough, both the kids were sick with ear infections and my mom didn't get any sleep. But we got the hang of things the next two nights.

My mom was so great to have around! She helped with the laundry, groceries and making dinner! I haven't been feeling well, so she was super helpful in making sure I ate enough and got enough rest. Liam was taking his first steps here in Utah, and it was fun to see him try and try again to get walking. We don't have a lot of toys around our apartment, so I cleaned out the bottom shelf of my hallway cupboard and the two kids could crawl in there and play and stack cans (that's all we had...).

Robin entered the MTC on Wednesday, and poor girl was so nervous that she couldn't eat her pizza at the brick over. For our part, Jordan and I kept getting flashbacks to HIM going into the MTC, so we felt a little on edge too! (Me: I had a nightmare that Jordan was going to go on ANOTHER mission after he graduated... while we were married. I'm pretty sure I protested that idea, Jordan: "Ok, ok, I don't have to go into the MTC. I'm not going back to the MTC. Robin's going into the MTC, not me!").

After staying Wednesday night, my family left me Thursday and I cried and cried and cried! I was so sad to see them go! But I really did have a great time. As Jordan and I are planning for our next stage of life, we won't be coming home for three months at a time anymore! We're really starting to separate ourselves and become our own family! It's difficult and scary, but exciting at the same time. I hope our children grow up wanting to come back and spend time with us as much as Jordan and I love to go home and spend time with our parents.

1 comment:

  1. Tristan has mission dreams every once in a while. Sometimes they are set in his current life rather than back then. Or he gets called on another mission... I wonder if it's common?

    ReplyDelete