Thursday, February 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Well, our semester is over a quarter finished, and we're just plugging away at our last semester of school. I'm getting a serious case of "Senioritis," even though I don't think you technically call me a "Senior..." I just can't wait to be done! Frankly, if I can help it, I am never going back to school and I'm officially done with this madness.

Ok, that's a lie. I suppose someday (not soon) I will return to school once more for my doctorate... IF it's financially feasible and I can do it very slowly. But for the next five years, I'm definitely oh-so-done with school.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if Jordan's fully realized this is his last semester. He is quite happy and content in his classes; the truth is I'm not sure if he's ready to part with BYU quite yet. He loves this school so much. I've appreciated feeding off his enthusiasm for the last few years. Who knew school spirit could be so much fun?

Next weekend we're headed to Boise where my uncle Dennis and his wife Beth and their four girls (Anna, Megan, Emma and Evelyn) will be sealed in the Boise temple! I'm so happy for them, and I'm excited that I can witness something so special. The same day, my mom, Robin, Melanie, Elyse and baby Liam are flying down to take Robin into the MTC! So that weekend we'll hang out with them, and then they're headed to Provo with us before Robin goes in on Wednesday. So excited! I love it when my family visits. Seeing Elyse and Liam is such a treat for me, they're always so different after just 4 months apart. I can't believe how fast they're growing up!

Other than that, the job search continues. No interviews yet. Maybe soon? I hope so. That being said, I don't feel any major anxiety yet. I hope Jordan gets a job, but if the job market is just too tough, we'll manage. In a situation like this, where we've done everything we can and explored all of our options (and we're continuing to explore them all), we just need to put our faith in the Lord. This doesn't mean that a job will magically fall into our laps, or that we should relax our efforts, or that we will for sure get a job. It does mean that we have faith that whether or not Jordan finds one, Heavenly Father has our best interest at heart. He knows what lies ahead of us, even if we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment