Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Christmas Pearls

So, one of the traditions Jordan's started last was to create a scavenger hunt in order for me to find my presents! This is such a great tradition for two reasons: #1- I love games and #2- I'm fairly certain Jordan gets a kick of me running around the house, back and forth, trying to figure out his clues.



Anyway, this year we were at his parents house for Christmas, and I got my first clue: a jacket. It took me forever to figure out, but my scavenger hunt wasn't at this house: we had to go out to Metro to get them! Metro is an apartment above a shop where Jordan and I first lived right after we got married (we were there for a month). So, at 9am on Christmas morning, we got into the car and drove to the unheated metro for our tradition!



Jordan had such cute clues! He used funny stories from our first month of marriage to get me running around the apartment. For instance, once when Jordan was home alone, he thought he heard a noise, so he went looking around the apartment. In one of the bathrooms he thought he saw someone, but it just turned out to be his reflection in the mirror. I had to figure out which mirror it was in order to get the next clue.


Beyond that, Jordan totally spoils me and got me a beautiful set of pearls for Christmas (he hid the earring and braclet under the bed, and the necklace in a closet). They're perfect for my recital I have to do this year, and so far I've already worn them to a singing competition earlier in January.


Jordan so great at making each Christmas special. Even if I didn't get such grand gifts, the whole scavenger hunt is so sweet. If I was just going around finding candy I would be so happy. Thank you Jordan!

1 comment: